libgig Subversion History
* Debian: Added config file /etc/ld.so.conf.d/libgig.conf instead of
fiddling directly with /etc/ld.so.conf by postinst and postrm
scripts as before.
* Debian: Fixed packaging error about invalid substitution variable
Debian: Raised Debian compatibility level to Debian 9 "Stretch".
* src/gig.cpp: Fixed undefined behavior when loading a gig file with
invalid wave pool index number (fixes CVE-2017-12954).
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn33).
* src/gig.cpp: Fixed undefined behavior when loading a gig file with
invalid velocity curve parameters (fixes CVE-2017-12951).
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn32).
* Fixed CVE-2017-12950, CVE-2017-12952, CVE-2017-12953
(original patch by Paul Brossier, slightly modified).
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn31).
* Serialization::DataType fix: Retain backward compatiblity to older
versions of native C++ classes/strcts.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn30).
* gig.h/.cpp: Splitted the new DimensionRegion::EGOptions
into EG1Options and EG2Options, so that this can be
configured individually for the first two EGs.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn29).
* gig.h/.cpp: Forgot about "decay 2" stage in previous commit.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn28).
* gig.h/.cpp: Added new struct "eg_opt_t" and new class member variable
"DimensionRegion::EGOptions" as an extension to the gig file format,
which allows to override the default behavior of EGs' state machines.
DLS.h: Got rid of C-style typedefs.
src/tools/gigdump.cpp: Print the new EG behavior options.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn27).
* gig.cpp: Ignore invalid leverage controller types and just show
a warning on the console instead of throwing an exception.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn26).
* Fixed compilation error on Windows.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn25).
* RIFF/DLS/gig/Serialization: Exception classes now have a variadic
constructor which allows to add textual format specifiers like
gig.cpp: On unknown leverage controller exception: show precise unknown
leverage controller number found.
* Serialization: Handle human readable boolean text representations like
"yes", "no", "true", "false" in Archive::setAutoValue() as expected.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn24).
* Wrote API documentation for entire new Serialization
Hide some of the method implementation of the Serialization
* Serialization framework: moved methods setVersion() and
setMinVersion() from class Object to class Archive, and
hide enum type operation_t from the public API.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn23).
* Just some minor API cosmetics: renamed recently added
enum reflections API function countEmum() -> enumCount().
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn22).
* Fixed compile errors with some compilers.
* Fixed potential crash in command line tools gig2stereo, korg2gig,
korgdump and sf2extract.
* Print compiler warning if no RTTI available.
Serialization::DataType class: Implemented demangling C++ type
names (for methods asLongDescr() and
gig.h: When there is no RTTI, only hide API functions which
really require RTTI.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn21).
* src/gig.h: Added enum reflection API functions for
retrieving enum declaration type information at
runtime (countEnum(), enumKey(), enumKeys(),
Archive: Added methods valueAsInt(), valueAsReal()
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn20).
* More old compiler backward compatibility fixes.
* Attempt to fix type traits issue with older compilers.
* Fix: Archive creation and modification time were
not encoded correctly.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn19).
* class Archive: Added methods name() and setName().
class Archive: Added methods comment() and setComment().
class Archive: Added methods timeStampCreated(),
timeStampModified(), dateTimeCreated() and
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn18).
* Serialization.cpp/.h: class Object: Added method
memberByUID(), and method remove() is now protected,
class Archive: Added method removeMember().
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn17).
* Serialization.cpp/.h: Added new methods isModified(),
setAutoValue(), setIntValue(), setRealValue(),
setBoolValue(), setEnumValue(), valueAsString() to
Serialization.cpp/.h: Archive::rawData(): Automatically
re-encode new raw data stream if archive had been
modified (i.e. by remove(), setAutoValue(), etc.).
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn16).
* Added new "Serialization" framework (and equally named namespace)
which allows to serialize and deserialize native C++ objects
in a portable, easy and flexible way.
gig.cpp/gig.h: Added support for serializing & deserializing
DimensionRegion objects (and crossfade_t and leverage_ctrl_t
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn15).
* src/gig.cpp: Fixed method File::AddContentOf() which did
not clone script groups and scripts of passed original file.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn14).
* src/gig.cpp: Fixed CRC checksums being wrong sometimes.
src/tools/gig2stereo.cpp: Also merge mono sample pairs
with non matching loop information if argument
"--incompatible" was given.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn13).
* gig.cpp: Instruments' default pitch bend range is now +-2 semi tones.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn12).
* Fixed various compiler warnings.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn11).
* gig.cpp: Changed default value of DimensionRegion::EG2Release
(filter release time) to 60s.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn10).
* src/gig.cpp, src/gig.h: Fixed samples' CRC checksums were misordered
when a Sample was deleted.
src/gig.cpp, src/gig.h: Added new method
src/tools/gigdump.cpp: print samples' CRC32 checksums.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn9).
* gig.cpp/gig.h: Added new method Sample::VerifyWaveData() which
allows to check whether a sample had been damaged for some
gigdump tool: added and implemented new parameter "--verify"
which allows to check the raw wave form data integrity of all
gigdump tool: added and implemented new parameter
"--rebuild-checksums" which allows to recalculate the CRC32
checksum of all samples' raw wave data and rebuilding the gig
file's global checksum table (i.e. in case the file's checksum
table was damaged).
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn8).
* src/tools/gigextract.cpp: Fix: if sample name contains a path separator
(slash or backslash) then replace them by a minus sign to avoid file
src/tools/gigdump.cpp: additionally print RIFF chunk file offset and
RIFF chunk size of sample data.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn7).
* gig.cpp: Fixed Region::UpdateUpdateVelocityTable() which did not work
correctly if there were dimensions after the velocity dimension: it
only created valid velocity tables for cases of dimensions lower than
the velocity dimension.
gigdump: Additionally print VelocityUpperLimit and
DimensionUpperLimits of all dimension regions.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn6).
* Using now native integer size where appropriate.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn5).
* Fixed compile error on Windows.
* Revised previous commit: Instead of using a custom new RIFF chunk, check
the overall file size and in case .gig file is >= 2GB expect a large
monolithic file, otherwise if .gig file is < 2 GB check for "extension"
files (.gx01, .gx02, ...) instead.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn4).
* gig.cpp/.h: GIG FORMAT EXTENSION: Added support for saving gig file
larger than 4 GB as one single monolithic gig file. A new custom RIFF
chunk "FFmt" was added to distinguish such monolithic large .gig files
from old ones which were splitted over several (.gx01, .gx02, ...)
"extension" files before.
DLS.cpp/.h: Sample class: wave pool offsets are now 64 bits (to allow
support for files larger than 4 GB).
RIFF.cpp/.h: Addded support for RIFF files larger than 4 GB, by default
the required internal RIFF file offset size is automatically detected
(that is RIFF files < 4 GB automatically use 32 bit offsets while
files >= 4 GB automatically use 64 bit offsets), a particular offset
size can be forced with a new option added to the RIFF File constructor
RIFF.cpp/.h: When saving a modified, grown RIFF file, the temporary file
size during Save() operation will no longer be larger than the final
grown file size.
Automake: Set environment variable GCC_COLORS=auto to allow GCC to auto
detect whether it (sh/c)ould output its messages in color.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn3).
* gig/DLS: Removed 2GB limitation when loading a gig or DLS file.
korg2gig: Fixed fine tuning which was not translated at all.
Bumped version (4.0.0.svn2).
* Debian packaging: Fixed unnecessary lib dependencies of projects linked
against libgig by wiping the 'dependency_libs' fields from all .la
files. Note that this might require manual adjustments to projects
linking statically against libgig
(see https://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/LAFileRemoval for details).
Debian packaging: Assigned firstname.lastname@example.org as
maintainer of this package.
* Bumped version (4.0.0.svn1).
* gig: fixed bug in Script::SetGroup: the script chunk wasn't moved
fixed compilation error with clang 3.4
akai tools: improved output of non-ascii characters in usage messages
fixed compile warnings
* Preparations for new release (libgig 4.0.0).
* src/SF.cpp, src/SF.h:
- Added new method Sample::ReadNoClear().
Added new command line tool "sf2extract" (and a man page for it).
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn29).
* unit tests: fixed wrong return value when test suite app exits
(patch by Ryan Schmidt)
* RIFF: Cleanup of an old DLL binary backward compatibility hack.
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn28).
* Bugfix of previous commit.
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn27).
* gig: Added new method Instrument::MoveTo() which allows to rearrange the
order of instruments within the same gig file.
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn26).
* Bugfix: Adding a new region in between two existing regions caused the
new one being dropped after save operation and the gig file (or DLS file)
being tainted (chunks were at wrong location in the RIFF tree).
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn25).
* Bug fix in "gig2stereo" command line tool, and added an additional
option "--incompatible" for this tool.
Bumped version (v3.3.0.svn24).
* RIFF: Fixed embarrassing old bug: POSIX read() errors were never detected
on Chunk::Read() calls due to signment incompatible variable.
Added new command line tool "gig2stereo" (and a man page for it).
Bumped version (v3.3.0.svn23).
* gig: Added support for custom progress notification while saving to
DLS: Added support for custom progress notification while saving to
RIFF: Added support for custom progress notification while saving to
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn22).
* RIFF.cpp, POSIX: only assume -1 result value as error on open() calls.
RIFF.cpp, POSIX: show operating system's error reason if opening a file
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn21).
* gig: Fixed crash when saving a gig file after all
instrument scripts have been explicitly deleted.
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn20).
* gig: Fixed file corruption if instrument(s) with script slot(s)
were loaded and saved before their scripts were ever referenced.
gig: Backward compatibility fix: Remove own custom RIFF chunks
if all script slots were deleted.
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn19).
* gig.h/.cpp: Added new method Region::SetDimensionType().
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn18).
* gig: Fixed instrument script slot saving/loading.
gigdump tool: Show scripts and script slots.
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn17).
* gig.cpp: Fixed loading instrument script from file.
* gig.h/.cpp: Added new method Script::GetGroup().
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn15).
* gig.cpp/.h: Added new method Region::GetDimensionRegionIndexByValue().
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn14).
* gig.cpp: Missed implementation of Instrument::GetScriptOfSlot().
* Debian: Fixed packaging regarding libgig's new libdir.
* Akai.cpp: POSIX fix: open() requires third (mode) argument
if used with O_CREAT (fixes #219).
* Header files are now installed under $(prefix)/include/libgig/
libgig.so and libakai.so files are now installed under
$(prefix)/lib/libgig/ by default.
Fixed various packaging issues regarding installation
directories (fixes #218).
* gig.h/.cpp: GIG FORMAT EXTENSION: added support for real-time
RIFF.h/.cpp: added 2nd alternative method for List::MoveSubChunk(),
the old 1st one allows to move a subchunk within the current List
whereas the new 2nd one allows to move the subchunk from the
current list to another list.
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn13).
* fixed compile error in gigextract
* AKAI: Fixed various compilation errors for Windows.
* Akai: Fixed Mac OSX support so that the Akai lib files and tools
compile without any exotic third party libraries.
* Added fork of libakai (this fork provides Linux support) which
allows reading AKAI medias. Comes with two command line tools
'akaidump' and 'akaiextract'. Also added a man page for each
* moved source files of command line tools to new subdir src/tools
* gig.cpp: Fixed crash caused by Region::GetDimensionRegionByValue() that
happened with certain velocity split sounds under certain conditions
(added bound constraints to prevent that).
* korg2gig tool: handle the two special sample references
"SKIPPEDSAMPL" and "INTERNALnnnn" (aborted before)
* gig.cpp: update velocity table at the end of
bumped version (3.3.0.svn12)
* gig.h/.cpp: Added new method Region::DeleteDimensionZone(dimension_t, int)
gig.h/.cpp: Added new method Region::SplitDimensionZone(dimension_t, int)
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn11)
* korg2gig tool fix: only create a velocity gig dimension
if the source KORG instrument actually provides more
than one velocity zone
* Fix: don't alter region pointer in gig::DimensionRegion::CopyAssign()
(caused crash with the new "combine instruments" feature in gigedit).
Added new method gig::Region::GetDimensionDefinition(dimension_t type).
Added some more sanity checks in gig::Region::AddDimension().
Added inline helper methods overlaps() for struct DLS::range_t.
Added more API doc comments.
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn10).
* korg2gig tool: Fixed .gig file corruption (caused i.e. crash in
gigedit under certain conditions) regarding certain velocity
* Initial support for sample based instruments in KORG's file format (.KMP
and .KSF files) -> Korg.h, Korg.cpp.
Added new command line tool "korgdump" (and a man page for it).
Added new command line tool "korg2gig" (and a man page for it), for
converting KORG sounds to Giga format.
riftree tool: Added more command line options for being able to also dump
other kind of file formats similar but not equal to the RIFF format.
gig.h/.cpp: Added new method File::GetGroup(String name) for retrieving
group by name.
RIFF.h/.cpp: Added support for loading RIFF-like files with a bit
different layout than "real" RIFF files (used for KORG format support).
RIFF.h/.cpp: Added new method Chunk::GetFile().
RIFF.h/.cpp: Added new method Chunk::GetLayout().
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn9).
* GIG SOUND FORMAT EXTENSION: added additional MIDI controllers for
leverage controller types (only works with LinuxSampler & gigedit,
will not work with Gigasampler/GigaStudio).
Bumped version (3.3.0.svn8).
* Added man page for "sf2dump".
Debian: updated package descriptions.
* Enabled automatic svn "Revision" macro expansion on command
line tool sources.
* Added new command line tool "gig2mono" (and a new man page for it).
src/gig.cpp: Delete "ewav" chunk of Sample if "Compression" attribute was
toggled to false.
Bumped version to 3.3.0.svn7.
* Added new command line tool "gigmerge" which allows to merge
a list of gig files to one single gig file.
Added new "man" page for new tool "gigmerge".
src/gig.h: Added new method File::AddContentOf().
src/DLS.h: Added new method File::SetFileName().
src/RIFF.h: Added new method File::SetFileName().
src/RIFF.h: Added new method File::IsNew().
Added "const" keyword to several methods.
Bumped version to 3.3.0.svn6.
* bugfix: sample groups were sometimes created multiple times or with
wrong textual group name
bumped library version to v3.3.0.svn5
* src/gigextract.cpp: export sample loop, unity note and fine tune
* added write support for CtrlTrigger midi rule
added read and write support for Legato and Alternator midi rules
* removed usage of deprecated Automake variable INCLUDES
* gig bugfix: negative EG3 depth values were not correctly parsed or
* implemented gig::File::AddDuplicateInstrument()
bumped version to 3.3.0.svn4
* sf2 bugfix: GetPan always returned -1, 0 or 1
* fixed configure mistake in previous commit
* modernized configure script
* removed gcc 4.7 warnings
* added new method DLS::File::GetExtensionFile(int index)
bumped version to 3.3.0svn3
* fixed minor "memory leak on exception" bug found with cppcheck
* src/DLS.cpp, src/DLS.h: added new method File::GetFileName()
bumped version to 3.3.0.svn2
* sf2: generators' values are now ensured to be in the allowed range
sf2: GetEG2Sustain() now returns the decrease in the level
sf2: removed ToPermilles() and added ToRatio() function
sf2: added GetInitialFilterFc() and GetInitialFilterQ()
* sf2: some fixes to sf2dump
sf2: ToSeconds(), ToPermilles(), ToHz() are now exposed to the C++ API
* sf2: fixed GetEG1Sustain which didn't return correct value
* Mac OS X fix: link with CoreFoundation (for the UUID function)
* fixed memory leak and memory handling errors when file loading fails
* bugfix: VCF velocity dynamic range and VCF velocity curve weren't
* minor Makefile fix for parallel make
* bugfix: avoid calling read() with count 0 when writing a file, as
this may hang on some systems
* sf2: changed region lookup API to avoid malloc in RT threads
* sf2: fixes for big endian systems
removed compiler warnings
* sf2: better support for preset regions
* sf2: 24bit support
sf2: loop support
sf2: implemented overridingRootKey
sf2: implemented instrument global region
sf2: bugfix: some regions were ignored
* merged libsf2 into libgig
* preparations for release 3.3.0
* fixed a tiny memory leak
* minor fix in configure for building DLL on Windows
* bugfix: files that contain zero length RIFF lists were not read
correctly (fixes #127) (bug was introduced 2009-03-13)
* fixed crash which occured when streaming a gig sample with
bi-directional (a.k.a. 'pingpong') loop type (fixes #102)
* bugfix: destructor for base class RIFF::Chunk accessed members of
derived class RIFF::File, which is bad, and caused crashes when
using Visual C++
bugfix: EG3 depth parameter was not saved correctly
fixes for building with Visual C++
* src/RIFF.cpp :
- bugfix: undefined behavior (e.g. endless loop) when opening zero
length files, now throws a RIFF::Exception instead (fixes bug #121)
* bugfix: saving to the same file after the file size had been
decreased sometimes made the file corrupt
* bugfix: refuse RIFF::Chunk::Read() in case chunk has just been added,
that is not written physically yet (#82)
bugfix in gig::Sample::LoadSampleData*(): reset sample read position
to sample start before trying to (re)load sample data from file (#82)
* fixed rpmbuild error on Fedora Core 8
(fixes #86, patch by Devin Anderson)
* fixed compilation with gcc 4.3
* bugfix: saving to the same file after the file size had been
increased made the file corrupt (#82)
bugfix: removed another iterator invalidation in DeleteSample
changed the functions for midi rules, to get rid of the iterator
* added partial support for MIDI rules, only the Controller Triggered
rule is supported so far
* preparations for release 3.2.1
* src/gig.cpp, src/gig.h:
added File::SetAutoLoad() and File::GetAutoLoad() for allowing
applications to retrieve very superficial informations like amount of
instruments and their names in a very fast way
* avoid Windows to perform unnecessary file stream caching which would
decrease disk streaming performance on Windows systems otherwise
* removed a warning about dlfcn.h from configure script
* minor code refactoring regarding fixed string lenghts of
fields in class DLS::Info
preparations for release 3.2.0
* moved libgig's home to http://www.linuxsampler.org/libgig/
* fixed crash when saving a file after a sample loop was added
* code refactoring: hid the CRC class (src/gig.h), no need to expose it
to the API, since it's only used internally
* added a mainpage for the Doxygen API documentation
* added various setter methods to which take care of updating
lookup tables / caches
* added virtual method SetKeyRange() to the gig and DLS Region classes,
which automatically take care that the "resized" Region is at the
correct position and that the lookup table for
gig::Instrument::GetRegion() is updated (moved code from gigedit)
MoveRegion() method of DLS::Region class is now private
bugfix: gig::Instrument::UpdateRegionKeyTable() did not reset unused
* the configure script can now be used in Windows with MSYS
* src/gig.h, src/gig.cpp:
- added method GetParent() to class 'DimensionRegion', which returns its
* AddDimension now copies all parameters from existing dimension
regions and also makes sure that the samplechannel dimension is
Windows fixes: compile error in DLSID generator, saving a new file
* Debian packaging update
* write support fixes: allow regions/dimension regions without mapped
samples, 3gnl in v3 files now always has 128 entries, several
parameters where incorrectly saved due to an operator precedence
DeleteSample now removes all references to the deleted sample
* added write support for 24 bit samples
set default version to 3 when creating a new file
more chunk order fixes
3ewg is now bigger in v3
one more einf field figured out
added some dimension strings to gigdump
* more write support fixes: crossfade parameters were not saved, v3
dimension limits were not correctly initialized and saved when
dimensions were added or deleted, v3 wave pool offsets were not
* improved the default values for dimension region parameters
* added DLSID support
* added write support for the 3crc and einf chunks
two previously unknown fields in dimension definition are now saved
added constants for gig file versions
* write support fix: dimension region chunks were added in wrong list
* write support: files created by libgig will now have the RIFF chunks
in correct order
* XCode project file(s) now capable of creating universal binaries for OSX
* removed the recently added RIFF::File constructor, added
* added RIFF::File constructor with endianess parameter
put pack Info::UseFixedLengthStrings, marked as deprecated, to
ensure binary compatibility
DLS files are always created as little-endian
* added missing parameter initalizations
clear unused fields when saving
fixed write support bugs: v3 dimension limits and chunksize weren't
saved, leverage controller of type controlchange couldn't be saved,
group name list chunk was placed wrong
added initialization of some fixed info strings
* improved handling of fixed length info strings
* fixed write support for big-endian systems
* added XCode project files for Mac OSX (patch by Toshi Nagata)
* fixed segmentation fault in the gig::File destructor sequence which
happened when gig::Group informations were accessed before
* src/DLS.cpp, src/DLS.h:
- added Sampler::AddSampleLoop() and Sampler::DeleteSampleLoop() methods
* preparations for release 3.1.1
* fixed AddDimension() method which did not fill out all mandatory
dimension definition fields
* fixed exceptions which occured when trying to save a new instrument:
- override the gig::Regions sample reference simply by the region's
first dimension region's sample
- fixed software info field which was wrongly stored on instruments
* added MoveRegion and MoveSubChunk
fixed initialization in AddRegion
* fixed group destructor which did not remove the RIFF chunk associated
with the group
* src/gig.cpp, src/gig.h: fixed group names which were not saved
* fixed RIFF::Chunk destructor which did not unregister previously
resized chunks, leading to a "zero size chunk" exception when
File::Save() was called
* fixed crash which occured on interfering File::DeleteSample() and
File::GetNextSample() calls (due to iterator invalidation)
* added new method File::DeleteGroupOnly() which only deletes the given
group but moves all its members to another group, the other method,
that is File::DeleteGroup() now removes not just the group, but also
all the samples that belong to that group
* added "smart midi" and "round robin keyboard" dimensions
* custom velocity splits now works for gig v3 files too
added support for custom splits points for other dimensions than
velocity (gig v3 feature)
* fixed libgig's Dev-C++ project file to produce an actually working
Windows DLL file (mandatory symbols were not exported so far)
fixed native Windows implementation of RIFF::File::__GetFileSize() to
work with younger versions than XP as well
added Dev-C++ project files for the demo / example applications as well
added instructions in README for how to compile libgig and its tools for
* ported to Windows using native Windows functions for file IO
(provided Dev-C++ + mingw project file)
renamed macro WAVE_FORMAT_PCM to DLS_WAVE_FORMAT_PCM
to avoid clash with definition in i.e. windows.h
* preparations for release 3.1.0
* src/gig.cpp, src/gig.h: fixed behavior regarding the newly added support
for sample groups, the initial implementation assumed a group index of 0
in the .gig file to mean "no group assigned" and thus the possibility
that there might not be a group at all, but in fact the .gig format
assumes always at least one group (the default group), thus a group index
of 0 means "member of default group"
* support for Gigasampler's sample groups added
* added DLS INFO string Subject and fixed string Media
fixed SamplePeriod calculation
* fixed and expanded initial test cases
* bugfix: sampler parameters UnityNote, FineTune, Gain, SamplerOptions and
SampleLoops were not stored when trying to save DLS or .gig files
* several fixes for the write support
* added CPPUnit test cases (at the moment primarily for automatic check
of Gigasampler write support)
* src/gigdump.cpp: print global file informations
* real support for 24 bit samples
support for reading of .art files
* packaging changes:
- changed deprecated copyright attribute to license;
added ldconfig to post-(un)install steps on libgig.spec (RPM)
* sample loop parameters are now taken from the DimensionRegion
instead of the wave chunk
keyswitching dimension is changed from split type "normal" to "bit"
* added support for more than one custom velocity split inside a
* preparations for release 3.0.0
* fixed bug introduced in previous commit - info strings weren't
* fixed some memory management errors, one of them was causing a crash
when a multi-file gig was deallocated
* src/RIFF.cpp: bugfix in File::Save() methods which did not ensure that
the whole RIFF tree was already built before writing which caused opening
an existing file and saving it afterwards to write just an empty file
* recommited bugfixes regarding .gig write support
(that commit batch got lost due to the recent CVS server defect)
* src/gig.cpp, src/gig.h:
- added write support (highly experimental)
- removed unnecessary definitions from header file
- try to load instruments/samples before adding a new instrument/sample
* src/RIFF.cpp: compilation error fix for big endian systems
src/gigdump.cpp: show correct amount of dimension regions instead of 32
(patch by James Wylder)
- further bugfixes regarding DLS write support
- show for every region the name of the referenced sample
- show file name in quotation marks
* bugfixes for the last commit batch
* src/RIFF.cpp, src/RIFF.h:
- Chunk::LoadChunkData() can now be called again to resize the buffer
after a Chunk::Resize() and before the File::Save() call to allow
placing the new data in the chunk's write buffer and perform the
resize and write operations in one rush
- fixed loading of Articulation Connections (<artl> list chunks were
seeked instead of ordinary <artl> data chunks)
- added write support (highly experimental)
* fixed write support in RIFF classes
* added write support (only to the RIFF classes yet)
* support for the gig v3 feature to have a number of dimension splits
not equal to a power of two
* fixed the GetVelocityCutoff function, it wasn't always using the
VCFVelocityScale parameter when no cutoff controller was defined
* preparations for release 2.0.2
* added VCFCutoffControllerInvert parameter and GetVelocityCutoff
function to DimensionRegion
* fixed the 24 bit decompression, the result should now be exact
instead of an approximation
* added support for gig v3 multi-file format
* preparations for release 2.0.1
* added DimensionRegion::GetVelocityRelease function
* fixed mutual link dependency to libsndfile / libaudiofile
* fixed debian packaging
* src/gigextract.cpp: show also version of libsndfile or build version of
libaudiofile when using the -v switch
* added functions libraryName() and libraryVersion() to each of the three
library units (RIFF,DLS,gig)
all tools now offer a command line switch -v to show the tools revision
and the used libgig version
man pages are now auto generated with the correct libgig version
* src/gig.h, src/gig.cpp: API change of progress callback
* src/gig.h, src/gig.cpp: implemented progress indicator callback mechanism
for loading instruments and samples
src/DLS.cpp: fixed File constructor which caused variable
File::Instruments always to be zero
src/RIFF.cpp: fixed method List::LoadSubChunks() which did not restore
the original position within the body of the given list chunk
* src/gigdump.cpp: added output of LoopPlayCount
* removed build warnings
* example Debian packaging prep
* fixed debian packaging
* src/gig.h, src/gig.cpp: 24-bit decompression now supports the 20 and
18 bit formats
src/gig.h, src/gig.cpp: added "random" and "round robin" dimensions
* src/gig.h, src/gig.cpp: added pre-calculated sample attenuation
src/gigdump: added output of Gain and SampleStartOffset
* fixed tiny compiler warning
* gig::Sample: external decompression buffers can now be used for streaming
with Read() and ReadAndLoop() to avoid race conditions in case of
multiple streaming threads
fixed some memory leaks caused by non virtual base constructors
* fixed conditional linkage of either libsndfile or libaudiofile
(if none of the two exist, configure will abort)
* src/gig.cpp: Fixed mono decompression.
* src/gig.cpp, src/gig.h, src/gigextract.cpp: Support for compressed
mono samples. Experimental support for compressed 24 bit
samples. Fixes for decompression on big-endian CPUs. Fix for bug
that truncated end of compressed samples.
- another memory leak fix
- duplicated memory free fix
- tiny fix in decompression buffer reallocation
(patch by "Gene" a.k.a Anders Alm)
* src/gig.cpp: fixed crash on patches which did not have a sample assigned
to their region(s) or dimension region(s) (patch by Andreas Persson)
* src/gig.cpp: fixed some memory leaks (patch by Gene Anders)
* src/gig.h, src/gig.cpp: support for up to 8 dimensions as introduced by
Gig V3 (patch by Andreas Persson)
* src/gig.cpp, src/gig.h:
- fixed vcf_type_lowpassturbo value (vcf_type_lowpassturbo was actually
never used, because the necessary check was made before initialization)
- fixed crossfade points order (structure for big endian and little
endian systems was interchanged)
* src/gigdump: added output of UnityNote and FineTune
* src/DLS.cpp, src/gig.cpp: experimental support for Gigasampler v3 format;
64 bit file offsets are truncated to 32 bit, 24 bit samples are truncated
to 16 bit and additional articulation informations are ignored at the
moment, added some file format compatibility checks
(patch by Andreas Persson)
* gig.h oneliner forward declaration of gig::Region.
Fixed man pages automake install rule.
Doxygen documentation fix (make docs).
* src/gig.cpp, src/gig.h: applied patch by Andreas Persson which improves
accuracy of all three velocity response curves
* src/gig.cpp, src/gig.h: added class attribute 'Layers' to class 'Region'
src/gigdump.cpp: replaced printout of DLS Region layer by printout of
amount of Gigasampler layers
* src/gig.cpp: fixed panorama value in DimensionRegion (invalid conversion
from signed 7 bit to signed 8 bit)
src/gigdump.cpp: added printout for panorama value for each
* bugfix for dimension region switching (wrong handling of the release
trigger dimension, no bit range check for dimensions of split type
* src/gigdump.cpp: added printout of crossfade definitions
* src/gig.h, src/gig.cpp: fixed / improved accuracy of all three velocity
to volume transformation functions (a.k.a. 'nonlinear','linear',
'special'), denormals are filtered from the velocity to volume tables
src/gigdump.cpp: added printout of velocity response curve parameters
* added printout for dimension informations to the 'gigdump' tool
(amount, type, bits, zones)
* added support for libsndfile to the 'gigextract' tool
* renamed 'libgig.pc.in' -> 'gig.pc.in' and renamed pkg-config lib name
'libgig' -> 'gig' as it's common practice to omit the 'lib' prefix
* added support for generating Debian packages
version of shared library can be set in configure.in
* packaging changes:
- added libgig.spec and libgig.pc package configurations.
- header files included on installation.
- autotools-generated files removed from CVS repository.
* libtoolized libgig
added man pages for the command line tools
(gigextract, gigdump, dlsdump, rifftree)
minor preparations for libgig release 0.7.0 (updated Changelog, etc.)
* src/gig.h: changed interface for 'attenuation_ctrl_t', 'eg1_ctrl_t' and
'eg2_ctrl_t': replaced the huge enumeration by a structure which reflects
the MIDI controller number in case of an ordinary control change
controller (this saves a huge switch-case block in the application of the
src/gig.h: renamed following attributes in class 'DimensionRegion':
'AttenuationContol' -> 'AttenuationController',
'InvertAttenuationControl' -> 'InvertAttenuationController',
'AttenuationControlTreshold' -> 'AttenuationControllerThreshold'
src/gig.cpp: minor fix in API documentation for method
'GetVelocityAttenuation()' in class 'DimensionRegion'
* src/gig.cpp: attributes 'LoopStart', 'LoopEnd' and 'LoopSize' in class
'Sample' reflected wrong values
updated Make files (autoconf 2.58, automake 1.6.3)
* src/gig.cpp, src/gig.h: added ReadAndLoop() method to class 'Sample'
which is an extension to the normal Read() method to honor the sample's
looping information while streaming from disk
src/RIFF.cpp: minor fix in Chunk::Read() method (only a minor efficiency
src/gigdump.cpp: added printout of samples' looping informations
* gig.h, gig.cpp:
changes in class 'Sample':
- fixed loop attributes which reflected wrong values
- attributes 'LoopStart' and 'LoopEnd' are now measured in sample points
instead of byte offset
- renamed misleading attribute name 'MIDIPitchFraction' to 'FineTune'
- added attribute 'LoopSize'
changes in class 'File':
- added method GetInstrument(uint index)
* src/gig.cpp, src/gig.h: added method GetVelocityAttenuation() to class
DimensionRegion which takes the MIDI key velocity value as an argument
and returns the appropriate volume factor (0.0-1.0) for the sample to be
be played back, the velocity curve transformation functions used for this
are only an approximation so far
* src/gig.cpp: fixed bug in decompression algorithm which caused it not to
detect the end of a stream
various endian corrections (successfully tested now on ppc)
minor adjustments to avoid compile errors on some systems
(using now pow() instead of powl() and --pedantic g++ compiler switch)
src/RIFF.cpp, src/RIFF.h: added additional API documentation